So, I know this sounds weird and lame, but I am obsessed with the movie Julie and Julia. Oh my god, how I love food. And, it may sound even stranger, but I've also been Vegan since August 2009 - you wouldn't think the 2 would go together, would you? My husband has been Vegan for years...he started for health reasons and his cholestrol dropped over 100 points and he's lost over 40 lbs. After a crazy year in which I had our 3rd child (and last), my mother passed away unexpectedly and I turned 40 - I decided that I needed to do something to turn things around, i.e. lose the weight I'd gained during our 3 pregnancies, get healthy and make me feel good. It seemed like an obvious choice, easy to implement if I could just give up cheese, GLORIOUS cheese. I resolved to dive in, but would allow myself one decent sized portion of cheese each night before bed. As it turns out, I am completely shocked and surprised at how great I feel and how much more energy I have (and that's saying a lot when you have a 1 yr old who still will not sleep though the night). So much so, that I didn't even feel that I needed my nightly ration of cheese. I've lost 16 lbs and have 6 to go for my goal...have had that 6 lbs for a while now and I think I may actually have to breakdown and start to exercise to get rid of it. Regardless, I'm not at all sure that I will go off of this Vegan diet once my goal has been reached. We'll see. I'm not making any promises.
In the meantime, here is my idea..and where Julie and Julia enters the picture...What if I can convert delicious Julia Childs butter laden yummies into tasty Vegan dishes? Well, my husband will be happy if I can. I'm going to give it a shot and I will keep this blog posted on my progress. It all started with this line in the movie "Braised cucumbers are a revelation."
So, here we go....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment